Inspirational Quotes : Helen Keller
Inspirational Quotes : Helen Keller
Hello ! Dear readers, viewers, friends & students all over the world !
Helen Adams Keller or best known as Helen Keller(1880 → 1968 = 88 years) was an American lady, deaf-blind from the early age (19) and who won for the first time the BA degree in the history of world. At the age of 19, she lost both her vision and hearing power due to some critical illness. After that, she struggled to stand in life. She was an author, political activist, lecturer. Her birthday, 27 June, is celebrated all over the US as the “Helen Keller day”. She worked actively as a social reformer. She campaigned for women’s suffrage, labor rights, socialism, antimilitarism and similar other issues. Keller proved to the world that deaf & blind people could learn to communicate and that they could survive in the hearing world with dignity. She also taught that deaf & blind people are capable of doing things that normal people can do. One of the most famous deaf-blind people in history, she is an “ideal” to mass deaf –blind people in the world.
Helen Keller travelled to 35 countries all over the world as a part of her noble social mission.
Read the valuable thoughts or quotes by Helen Keller, apply those in your life as far as possible, always remember God, and feel the positive energy always in life.
- The best and most beautiful things in this world can not be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.
- Keep your face to the sunshine, and you can not see the shadow.
- The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.
The above three are the most popular quotes sayed by Helen Keller.
- Character can not be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
- Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
- The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
- I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.
- Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
- What I am looking for is not out ‘there’, it is in ‘me’.
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
- Never bend your head, hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.
- Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.
- So long as the memory of certain of beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.
- Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity (faithfulness to a person, cause, or belief, demonstrated by continuing loyalty and support, सत्य के प्रति निष्ठा, वफादारी ) to a worthy purpose.
- I am only one, but still I am one. I can not do everything, but still I can do something; and because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.
- We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough.
- Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another’s pain, life is not vain.
- I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps, there is just a touch of yearning (a feeling of intense longing for something, तड़प ) at times, but it is vague (अस्पष्ट, अनिश्चित ) like a breeze among flowers.
- Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.
- Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged.
- Discouraged not by difficulties without, or the anguish of ages within, the heart listens to a secret voice that whispers : “Be not dismayed ( निराश ); in the future lies the Promised Land”.
- I thank God for my handicaps for, through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God.
- One can never consent to creep (move slowly and carefully, especially in order to avoid being heard or noticed ) when one feels an impulse to soar (fly or rise high in the air ).
- I never fight, except against difficulties.
- You will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.
- We would never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
- It is terrible thing to see and have no vision.
- The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight but has no vision.
- The best way out is always through.
- Life is an exciting business, and most exciting when it is lived for others.
- Never give up, before giving your best in all what you face.
- It is terrible thing to see and have no vision.
- When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
- My darkness has been filled with the lght of intelligence, and behold, the outer day-lit world was stumbling and groping in social blindness.
- The highest result of education is tolerance.
- Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind, it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.
- As selfishness and complaint pervert and cloud the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision.
- The world is moved along not only by the mighty shoves (a strong push) of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
- No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.
- The marvellous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse.
- My share of the work may be limited, but the fact that it is work makes it precious.
- The welfare of each is bound up in the welfare of all.
- Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
- College is not the place to go fo ideas.
- Literature is my Utopia [an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect. The word was first used in the book Utopia (1516) by Sir Thomas More, आदर्शलोक, सुखशान्ति का स्थान या स्थिति ]. Here I am not disfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourse of my nook-friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness.
- There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his.
- I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.
- God himself is not secure, having given man domination over his work.
- It is not possible for civilasion to flow backwards while there is youth in the world. Youth may be headstrong, but it will advance it allotted length.
- Of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful ( सुखद ).
- Religious persecutors (tormentor, सतानेवाला ) are not believers, they are scoundrels (a dishonest or unscrupulous person, दुष्ट, लफ़ंगा, बदमाश ).
- Knowledge is power. Rather, knowledge is happiness, because to have knowledge — broad deep knowledge — is to know true ends from false, and lofty things from low. To know the the thoughts and deeds that have marked man’s progress is to feel the great heartthrobs of humanity through the centuries, and if one does not feel in these pulsations a heavenward striving, one must indeed be deaf to the harmonies of life.
- Knowledge is love and light and vision.
- Relationships are like Rome — difficult to start out, incredible during the prosperity of the ‘golden age’, and unbearable during the fall. Then, a new kingdom will come along and the whole process will repeat itself until you come across a kingdom like Egypt … that thrives and continues to flourish. This kingdom will become your best friend, your soul mate and your love.
- When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another.
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose.
- All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.
- Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
- To keep our faces toward change, and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate, is strength undefeatable.
- Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world.
- People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
- Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all — the apathy of human beings.
- It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui (a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement ).
So, Dear readers, viewers, friends, students ! How have you enjoyed the quotes by Helen Keller, collected by me ? Do comment to me. Share among your friends through Facebook & other social media.
Thanks a lot for reading patiently !